Tuesday, August 23, 2011

August YBR Roundup- Updated below

I have submitted my first YBR Recipe!  I have chosen the Chicken Poppers dish to represent my blog for the month of August.  Anyone can join as long as you have a blog and are willing to follow the few small requests from Spice Foodie.  This is a nice way for the food loving community to share their favorite recipes from all over the world with each other.  Click the image below and see what all the fuss is about!


Update: August's YBR has been cancelled due to the tragic loss of Panchito, the third furry, four-legged member of Nancy's (Spicy Foodie) family. My thoughts go out to Nancy and family at this trying time. I love the poem she posted at the end of her tribute to sweet Panchito. For those of you suffering from the loss of a loved one, please read and feel the presence of your loved one surrounding you wherever you are.

A POEM FOR THE GRIEVING…
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die…
-Mary Frye- http://www.pet-loss.net/
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment